Thursday 8 October 2015

Research evaluation and Magazine Plan

Doring my research, I have found two magazines that match my chosen genre which is called "Dubstep" in order to analyse them. The chosen popular magazines that are called Mixmag and Rock Sound. Moreover, I have found out that dubstep magazines usually feature other music genres such as rock, hard metal and electronic dance music in their articles as well as front covers. These two researched magazines have a very unique content and design which other magazines which an ordinary fashion magazine does not have.

                                                         The Rock sound Magazine


I have discovered that this magazine has a huge title in the middle and the Title is behind a medium shot of a single artist called Skrillex which is what I noticed first. The title has a slight shift to the left and has a splatter effect on one of the letters. The second thing I have noticed about this magazine is the huge stylised masthead which has also has a platter effect for their logo. The magazine also had graphics, a nice blue, yellow and white colour scheme and cover lines to feature the content inside. For my magazine, I believe that i would use a large title to capture the audiences attention and make the title look quite stylised in order to create a professional feel to it.

 The other magazine that I've researched was called Mixmag, I have found out that this magazine looks very busy and uses a smart colour palette which is yellow meaning that it is bright and very visible. I also like the fact that the main artist looks quite enthusiastic which has an impact on the audience.I believe that this is something I would like to feature in my future magazine. 

After doing an analysis on my researched magazines I have noticed that both of them seemed to follow a pattern. They followed the main genres which was dub-step, rock and electronic music. Which has inspired me to have a big title scattered in the middle of the page with a slight shift. I also would like to have an exciting model in a medium shot format because I like how it changes the mood of the viewers. Additionally,I will have a bright yellow colour palette for my font because I want to capture the attention of my audience since the colour 'yellow' is considered as the most noticeable colour in the colour spectrum.

I believe that I will do Chill-step as my main magazine topic since it is still a popular genre that is slightly out of the ordinary. Chill-step is mostly sang by females with bass and beats meaning it could attract both genders of audience since both genders would be willing to listen to 'easy music'. For example, males would be attracted to the sound of a female voice because it is an opposite gender and females would be willing to listen to the same gender because females have similar voices which makes them relate to the singer. The age of my target audience would be mostly adults followed by teenagers because it is a new type of genre in the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment