Monday 5 October 2015

Prelim products and reflection

 I believe that my front cover turned out great because I have included everything necessary conventions of a magazine, for example I included the barcode, masthead, cover line and a date. I tried to have a pink/blue colour scheme in my magazine because it goes well with the image, the image’s background is blue and the person is wearing a pink cardigan. I did not struggle at using any Photoshop tools, I corrected the colour of the main image as well as made an iris blur so the audience focuses on her face rather than the blouse pattern. However, I struggled with layout and the topics of the magazine, which doesn’t make it quite professional. The Masthead could also be better or more eye-appealing.
I believe my content page was also a success. The font is very easy to read because it is outlined with a white colour and the dots after the letters help the audience find the page number as easy as possible. I also think that the page matches my cover by colour scheme, for example it has blue and pink. The featured images are nicely presented on the right hand side and there is a big image underneath the contents. The contents are also divided into three sections, which makes it even easier for audience to manage. However, I dislike the fact that the images on the right hand side look transparent which was a Photoshop mistake.





This was my initial idea on how to lay out my magazine, I have kept some ideas such as the font style, the layering and the models. I also used my ideas for my articles and put them on the finished product. However, I changed the placing of the date and I also changed the amount of information on the front cover because I believe that the amount that I have now is better to lead the viewer to buy the magazine. In other words, I've put less information on my cover and more information on my contents page. I have also decided to use the blue as my main colour scheme. I believe that I should have added the teacher on top of my masthead to make it look more interesting and professional. 

To improve this work, I should research and look at how professional magazines to improve my layout. I would include things such as graphics and puffs in my main cover page and also advance my skills on Photoshop to avoid small mistakes such as transparency or a bad Masthead. I could also improve on my composition regarding the front cover and the contents page.


1 comment:

  1. Re title this blog post as Prelim products and reflection.

    ReplyDelete