Monday 2 November 2015

Costume and Props Research & Planning

The model of my magazine will be preferably a female because my chosen sub-genre is chill-step which heavily relays on female vocals and beats. The colour theme will most likely consist of yellow and red or blue. The reason why I chose these colour combinations is because I want the magazine to be eye-catching but also match with my theme, which is dub-step so I want to make it look slightly natural and slightly colourful.

I will photograph the model against the sun to get a yellow outline of sunshine behind her face/body whilst using a flash to capture her front and not cause any shadow which will create a nice professional look. This photo shoot should be made either in the morning or evening because it is considered as the best time of the day to take photographs, which is the 'Golden Hour' meaning that at this time of day, the light has a warmer tone and a softer colour.

It would be also a good idea if I could photograph the model in the studio with light equipment mostly facing from the rear of the camera to create a bright light behind her. It would also be easier to manipulate the light in order to gett he desired photograph.
source: Google images

Requirements for a model: My model should look quite young to appeal to my target audience, for example she should be preferably from 16 years of age to 25 because my target audience is mostly about at this age. I also want her to have light coloured eyes such as green, blue, hazel or gray so I could Photoshop and enhance the colours easier. I would also like the model to have either blonde, light hair or toxic red hair. If the model has blonde hair, I could Photoshop it and change the colour to red easier because I prefer working from light to dark, which also will give a more professional outcome than a dark hair model. The reason why I chose red hair is because it matches with my dub-step genre and it will also capture attention of my audience, because red is a strong and visible colour.

Example.    Source: Google Images

Potential colour combinations of the outfit: 
I have chosen two shades of blue and a shade of yellow to match with my magazine theme and the red hair. I will be using yellow and red as my main colours to capture people's attention, blue will be my secondary colour which will be in places I believe are not that important. White could also work for a secondary colour as it isn't very eye-catching on it's own.

Clothing Ideas: I'd like my model to have a 'laid back' and a modern clothing style because my genre is about relaxing, meaning that it will give a clear message to the potential customer. 
  • I'd like a modern style because my target audience loves fashion, meaning that they follow latest fashion trends.
  • I think the clothing style could also look fun and happy to apply the emotion onto the reader.
  • A skirt may enhance the body type of a model by adding a curve to her waist.

Examples. Source: https://www.pinterest.com/ijltifam/music-genres-fashion
I believe that I will be working with the fashion style of the first image above.

Available clothes that would make an outfit for a magazine cover
Coat:
I have chosen a white coat because it looks quite modern and trendy, it matches with the season and it's colour is good as it is bright and it won't take away all of the attention from the model, it will also match with my magazine colour theme.

Availability: coat is available at all times by borrowing from my friend so no cash needs to be spent. The coat is also in a great condition.





Jumper:
I've decided to use a yellow jumper because it matches my colour theme quite well as I want the outfit to match with the theme I am going for. This jumper also matches my fashion style.


Availability: Available at all times,  the jumper is a possession of mine.





Scarf:

Picture to be added later


I've also decided to get a white scarf because it would match nicely with the coat since it's similar in colour, a white scarf would compliment a model's face, and it would also indicate that the surroundings are cold so the reader get's the right message.

Availability: Uncertain but possible. The scarf belongs to my friend and the scarf is in a great condition.

Cardigan:

Picture to be added later

I believe I'll use this clothing for another picture for my contents page, I have chosen this cardigan because it is also white meaning it matches the front cover

Availability: Uncertain but possible. The cardigan belongs to my friend and the cardigan is in a great condition.

Leggings:


These leggings match my chosen style very well and they also have a  blue colour theme which also matches with my chosen theme 

Availability: Uncertain. Nobody I know possesses these leggings, They have to be bought from the internet.



Makeup Ideas: I'd like my model to have a natural makeup look. In detail, I'd like highlighted tear ducts, an eyeliner pencil next to eyelashes, a peachy blush, pink lip gloss, eyebrow pencil, a brown mascara and foundation. I want the model to appear attractive in a pretty or endearing way, which makes her ready for a photo shoot
Examples.  Source: Google Images. 

Expression and position of my model: I am planning to do a photograph from waist up  or full body. The model should look directly into the camera lens as if she is making eye contact with the audience, which will also capture their attention because the first thing people notice in a model is the face, eyes and hair. I also think that the model should show expression such as smiling, laughing or being excited/surprised because that emotion can be carried on to the reader, which will improve their mood meaning that they will more likely be satisfied with the product. 






1 comment: