Monday 23 November 2015

Idea Update

Ideas for my front cover

The Price: I believe that the price will vary between £3 to £6 because my pricing question was an anomaly. My target audience are mostly teenagers and they wouldn't pay more than £6 on a magazine since most of my target audience are not employed. The barcode will be on the bottom right hand side because thats where they are located internationally.

Masthead: I will be having my masthead in big letters with a font similar to Bauhaus 93 either in the middle or the upper part of the magazine. The name of this masthead will be ''Chillstep Vibes". I've decided to use 'Vibes' because it represents a person's emotional state or atmosphere meaning that it informs the viewers that my magazine is mainly focused on good music they will most likely enjoy. I want my masthead to stand out and also follow a nice colour palette, meaning that I'd like my masthead to either be yellow or blue. I could also use a complimentary colours, for example if my main magazine cover is yellow, I'll use a shade/tone of purple since it's an opposite. This will attract the attention of the audience since the colours are extremely different. I want my masthead to have an originality to it so I believe I'll add a logo or a special font to the letter C or V.

However, the overall colour palette of the magazine could involve some soft shades and pastel colours since my genre is very soothing. For example, the background could be smooth peachy or heading to orange and the masthead could be dark blue or green (complimentary colour) It is easy to see and is eye-catching but at the same time it's gentle and calm. It will also match with my models hair colour since it's red, which means that its an analogous colour which will also give this magazine a great colour scheme. This will appeal to both genders equally as I'm not using a stereotypically 'girly' and the female model will appeal to both genders as the majority of males are attracted to females and all females are likely to buy a magazine with their own gender on the cover.

Model: behind or underneath the masthead, there will be a model in a winter jacket doing an 'exciting' pose by laughing, smiling and appearing very lively. There will be a strong background lighting, main, and fill lighting. I also think I will be needing a golden reflector in order to make her skin look natural. The reason why I want her to look lively is because I want her excitement to represent our magazine and make a potentially positive audience.

Title: The title will most likely have capital letters and probably an explanation mark because it appears louder while the audience reads it. This implies that the title will look exciting and it appears more important than the cover line. I believe I'll be placing the title in the middle of the front cover which will inform the readers of my main article. Although, an explanation mark may appear informal, but since my audience are not highly mature meaning that this type of 'fun' and 'informal' language might appeal to them since it adds emphasis.

Puffs: I want a slightly crowded layout in order to make the magazine look busy and full. However, I do not want to expose all of my information within the magazine cover because not adding too much infromation adds interest to the readers who will view the front page. I also want to add a free giveaway on the front cover such as "Free CD inside" in order to increase the chances of my magazine being being bought. I'll also include small thumbnail pictures of other bands either in concerts, their album covers or just them recording their pieces of music.

Ideas for my contents page

The colour scheme of the contents page will be highly similar to the front cover following the same colour theme, however, I believe I'll add an extra colour for the font or anything that I want people to look first. For example, if my palette is blue, yellow and peach, I could add a fourth colour such as hot pink or electric blue in order to make things really pop out. I want the colour theme to match with the front cover because it adds flow to the magazines and it makes it look more professional.  The title 'Contents Page" will be in medium to large on the top of the page because I want it to stand out in order to inform the reader what the page is about. This page will also have pictures that match with the content's topic and it will have numbers on top of it for guidance and the information will be split in different categories.

The contents page will also have a preferably different model wearing a different outfit and and having a different pose in order to make the page more busy and lively. I believe she will be either listening to music or looking very calm and relaxed because 'relaxing' is about my music genre, compared to the model in the main front cover.She will be wearing a different outfit because it adds more variety to the magazine. The lighting isn't going to be focused on the back light as much as the model in the front cover, instead, I will use main light from the front of the model, getting rid of shadows on the face which make her look more youthful.

The contents will be on the right side of the page having subheadings with an eye-catching colour and in bold thick letters in order to capture the viewer's interest that will make him or her continue reading the magazine.  Next to the contents, there will likely be a number guiding the audience throughout the magazine pages.

Double Spread

The double spread page will be mainly focused about an artist (model) from the front cover page because I'd like my double spread to be my main article which will likely be an interview of her. The double spread will also have a nice flow acting as if it's one page, instead of two separate ones. Furthermore, the first letter of an article or an interview which is focused on the artist will be abnormally big which will capture the viewers attention and make them continue reading the article. On the top of the double page, there will be a huge title which is overlapped by the picture of a model which will be the main topic of a magazine. The background colour would be preferably simple such as white or ashy white, it will make it look more professional, however I would still like to include few things from my chosen colour theme, but in a less intense way such as a blue or a yellow title. I want my model to capture most of my audience's attention since they believe that it's the first thing they observe (from the questionnaire).

The main font should be easy to read and also look professional in order to have a nice impact towards the reader. The text will be a dark colour such as black because it's easy to read and it's also easy on the eye making the reading experience more enjoyable. The font in bold would be things that are important such as the names (in an interview) or sub-titles in an article. The paragraphs will be arranged on the right side of the double spread, whereas the model will be on the left.

1 comment:

  1. WEll done a detailed update that clearly shows you have given all aspects thought and consideration. You could improve this by drawing attention to certain conventions for the double page ideas like you did for the front page. For example what will you headline be and how will the catchline connect to this?

    ReplyDelete